Here we are the end of Week 13, and the end of the regular season for the 2020 UKFL! I know a lot of you might just want the final playoff picture, but I’ll get to that below.
I’m fully aware that some of you are going to drop off the radar as you didn’t make the playoffs. So I just wanted to thank you for participating this year. 2020 has been a crazy year, and I’m sure a lot of you ended up in being in a lot of leagues as a result of lockdown boredom!
If you haven’t signed up for next year (or aren’t sure if you have) then you make sure you do and keep your place for next year. Remember, you have to signup each year that you want to participate. So head over and signup so you don’t forget! Don’t be that guy that slides into the DMs right at the start of the draft asking if you signed up and misses playing next year.
To date, we have raised £370 (with another £79.00 gift aid) so thank you so much! We’ve also seen some people have made donations to personal charities for them- so that’s great too! Honestly, it’s fantastic that during all this uncertainty that we have managed to raise this much money. It’s truly fantastic and I’m humbled. If you still want to make a donation, then you can do so here.
Ok, let’s get into the roundup!
2020 UKFL Week 13 Highest Score
The highest score this week was in the Jonny Wilkinson division. User 6EPC managed a score of 216.18. As with last week, we have had another repeat higher scorer, with 6EPC being the highest scorer back in Week 5.
He, of course, had the magical Darren Waller performance in his lineup.
So, he wins the next discount code from National Vintage League. We will be in touch to give you your 15% off code. Thanks again for your continued support.
The bit that you are waiting for. The final playoff picture. If this isn’t quite what you expected, then let me just quickly outline how the seedings are made:
- Best record (self-explanatory, best team in the division)
- Top Scorer (if the top scorer in the division is the best record, then it goes to the second-highest scorer in the division regardless of record)
- 3rd and 4th seeds are the next best teams in the division based on record
The way that teams have been ranked is based upon their record and then points scored. The reason being (honestly) it’s simplier to apply across all divisions.
If you are unsure about any of the above, please ask.
How The Playoffs Work
The next thing is to outline how the playoffs are going to work. If you haven’t made the playoffs, then don’t do anything! Your work is done! Please don’t make any waiver adds, or drop any players. If we see this has happened, we will just reverse the transactions.
If you have made the playoffs, then congratulations! You made it to the dance! The way that the playoffs work is shown in the diagram below, but the important things to consider are:
- You need to set a lineup in Sleeper each week you are in the competition
- Your in-app game result doesn’t matter for the overall competition
- The matchup outlined is against the whole bucket. i.e. The Week 14 matchups will have 46 teams in each one, and you are looking to finish in the top half of those buckets.
If you aren’t sure- please reach out to us. We are always happy to clarify and help!
The Top Prize
The top prize is tasty. We have a signed helmet from JJ Watt! It comes courtesy of the guys at Kickers Matter. An incredible prize donation, so thank you again! If you haven’t listened to them, you should- especially if you play dynasty.
National Vintage League
Our weekly prize is donated by the guys at National Vintage League. They’ve been with us from the start (infact, I remember pitching the general outline to Chris a while before we had anything fixed).
They are a great part of the NFL UK community, and are now making a weekly show. You can check out the latest episode below:
COVID Affected Games
We have made a post about our approach to them for this season. Luckily there haven’t been any postponements that have meant we need to put this in place this year, but in case there are please take a look at the rules!
To make it simple:
- You can enter replacements as many times as you like (your last valid one for each player will be taken). I.E. If you have 4 players in the game, you can enter a sub for each player
- The substitution ONLY takes effect if the game is cancelled. If for any other reason your player is out then no substitution will be made.
Image Credit: Jeffrey Becker – USA TODAY Sports