Denver are a team that feels like it is a little way away from being able to make a deep run into the playoffs. That is both due to their own roster, and the strength of the rosters of the other teams in their division.
For 2021, the team decided to bring in Teddy Bridgewater to at least compete with Drew Lock. However, I think that’s more to limit turnovers, rather than helping the team take a leap forward.
2021 Fantasy Preview Denver Broncos- Projected Depth Chart
- Javonte Williams: Williams was selected in the second round. The team have veteran Melvin Gordon on the roster still, but it should only be a matter of time until Williams is given the reigns of the backfield. The question will be when it happens.
- Melvin Gordon: Gordon could well be relegated out of this position come the start of the season. The team seems like they’ve had enough of the veteran, who only has a year remaining on his deal. Given his off-the-field issues, Gordon might lose the starting role on the team. However, for the time being, he is likely to be the starter.
- Jerry Jeudy: Jeudy stepped into the offense when Sutton went down with injury and was relevant for fantasy, despite the drops he suffered. Operating opposite a player that should keep offenses honest in Sutton, it’s likely to see fewer targets but more efficient production.
- Courtland Sutton: Sutton suffered an injury at the start of the season that kept him out. Sutton was previously the lead receiver and will likely step into a 1A/ 1B role alongside Jeudy.
- Noah Fant: Fant had a good target share in the offense last year, and given the roster for the team should continue to have one. Given the TE landscape, Fant is going to have a part to play on any roster that has him on it.
Keep an eye on
- Mike Boone: Boone is a real stab in the dark, but a guy that you should consider as a late round selection in deep leagues. He was taken early in free agency, where the team knew they had Melvin Gordon and maybe an eye on the draft. If one of those two get injured, Boone could end up being a decent stash.
***Note: All projections and discussions are assuming full PPR formats.***
2021 Fantasy Preview Denver Broncos- Stat Projections
***Note Player Projections are only fantasy relevant players. Team totals may not add up as we left out players that may not have a significant impact on the season. Projections provided by Rich King and is based on 16 games.***
|Rush Att||Rush Yards||Rush TDs||Passing Att||Passing Yards||Passing TDs||Total Yards||Total TDs|