The Colts had a good season in 2020, after their defense was one of the better units in the league. The addition of Philip Rivers to lead the team worked well, with the veteran pulling the strings that were required to get the team firing.
Going into 2021, the team still has it’s same strengths. A top offensive line, a good backfield of talent, but has brought in a new QB in Carson Wentz. Wentz is a salvage project, after his struggles with the Eagles. However, given the struggles of the other teams in the division, they should continue to be a playoff team.
2021 Fantasy Preview Indianapolis Colts- Projected Depth Chart
- Jonathan Taylor: Taylor didn’t hit the ground running, but he turned that round towards the back end of the season. Behind this offensive line there is no reason why Taylor can’t be a top-level fantasy asset this season.
- Carson Wentz: Wentz has a new start, but in an offense that he has previously played in. The surrounding talent is in a better situation compared to what he had surrounding him at the end of his Eagles career. If he is able to get firing early he will be a perfect late-round QB option.
- Michael Pittman: Pittman missed the early part of last season with injury, but was able to showcase his ability at times last season. In his second season in the offense, he is primed to become a key receiving option for Carson Wentz.
Keep an eye on
- Nyheim Hines: Hines should be inline for his role as a relief back, and pass-catcher. In a PPR league, there will be weeks where he is worth starting in your flex position. And as we have seen last season, will be used in some goal line situations.
- TY Hilton: Hilton is coming towards the end of his career, but he is still going to be a solid bench option during bye weeks.