Jacksonville did not have a good time of it in 2020, ultimately giving them the top pick in the draft. As a result, the coaching staff were cleared out and replaced- headed by Urban Meyer who had a successful career as a college coach.
Trevor Lawrence is going to be a big part of what this team does. If he struggles, then the team could be in line for another top-level pick for 2022.
2021 Fantasy Preview Jacksonville Jaguars- Projected Depth Chart
- James Robinson: Robinson was a waiver wire darling last season. If you managed to pick him up then you were extremely happy, as he operated as the entire offense! During the NFL draft the team added rookie Travis Etienne, which limits the overall role that Robinson will have for fantasy this season.
- Travis Etienne: Etienne was selected in the first round of the NFL draft, and news was immediately that he would be the teams primary pass-catcher out of the backfield. That, combined with the fact he should get a few carries too, gives him a decent outlook in PPR leagues.
- DJ Chark: Chark has been the primary receiver for the team, and should keep that role in 2021. The difference is that the supporting cast is better, which should allow Chark to be more efficient with his opportunites. And let’s face it, Lawrence is likely to be an upgrade over the previous QBs he had throwing him the ball!
Keep an eye on
- Marvin Jones: Jones has moved from Detroit to sign with Jacksonville. Having a veteran in the room will be a benefit, and Jones has shown his ability to have big games in Detroit. Could be a depth piece on your roster, filling in during bye weeks.
- Laviska Shenault: Shenault has had alot of hype building on him over the past few weeks. He is a versatile piece, who is going to have a productive season. The issue will come in knowing which individual weeks they will be.
***Note: All projections and discussions are assuming full PPR formats.***