Welcome to Week 7 of the 2023 season IDP Start ‘Em Sit ‘Em series. For those new to the article, know that Play or Pine will cover IDPs which might seem like an obvious start. The reason is that IDP leagues vary so much; one-time use for the season, 2 IDP starters in 10 team leagues, 11 starters in 14 team leagues, and roster requirements of various sorts throughout the world. So if one seems obvious it could be because the projections indicate this could be their best week of the season.
Results From Last Week
Week 6 Starts
- DL Ed Oliver BUF 0 points
- DL Nik Bonito DEN 9.75 points, 3 tackles, 2 QB hits, 1 tackle for loss
- LB Micah Parsons DAL 14.25 points, 3 QB hits, 2 tackles, t tackle for loss, 1 sack
- LB Jahlani Tavai NE 19.75 points, 7 tackles, 1 QB hit, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
- DB Camryn Bynum MIN 13.50 points, 9 tackles
- DB Kareem Jackson DEN 6.75 points, 5 tackles
Week 6 Sits
- DL Jonathan Cooper DEN 17.50 points, 3 tackles, 2 QB hits, 1 tackle for loss, 1 sack, 1 pass defended
- LB Ju’Whuan Bentley NE 9.25 points, 4 tackles, 2 QB hits
- DB Amani Hookier TEN 12.75 points, 8 tackles, 1 tackle for loss
Only one unacceptable score from the plays this week, while the pines showed out as well. Can’t be perfect every week, but if you started anyone listed besides Ed Oliver you were happy.
Myles Garrett (CLE) @IND
Garrett is being summoned for his one-time use against the Indianapolis Colts, starting back-up QB Gardner Minshew. The Colts offensive line is back in great run-blocking shape, but their pass protection is not… it’s not even up to average. Richardson was injured, Minshew is taking hits and the Browns defense is rolling! Trust Garrett for his one-time use this week.
Jarran Reed (SEA) v ARI
Reed is coming off of a game which included a sack against the Bengals, and playing the Arizona Cardinals this week. The game is at home with the help of the loud crowd, ‘the 12th man’, which should aid Reed in his pass rush against J. Dobbs. Look for Reed to get another sack against a subpar offensive line. The Seahawks are right in the middle of the wild-card race and can make a jump with a division win. Play him.
Ed Oliver (BUF) @NE
After spending last week as a play an earning 0 points despite playing 67% of the snaps. Oliver finds himself on the pine. ON top of that the Bills are playing the Patriots who have the worst offense in the league. Do not be surprised if the Bills defense has their lowest snap volume of the season. Pine him
Image Credit: Kyle Terada – USA TODAY Sports
IDP Start ‘Em Sit ‘Em Week 10 2022