Welcome to Week 9 of the 2023 season IDP Start ‘Em Sit ‘Em series. For those new to the article, know that Play or Pine will cover IDPs which might seem like an obvious start. The reason is that IDP leagues vary so much; one-time use for the season, 2 IDP starters in 10 team leagues, 11 starters in 14 team leagues, and roster requirements of various sorts throughout the world. So if one seems obvious it could be because the projections indicate this could be their best week of the season.
Results From Last Week
Week 8 Starts
- DL Trey Hendrickson (CIN) 15.50pts – 1 tackle, 1 sack, 3 QB hits, 1 FF
- DL Jonathan Cooper (DEN) 14.00pts – 3 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1 FR, 2 QB Hits
- LB Josh Allen (JAX) 25.00pts – 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFLs, 2 QB Hits
- LB Germaine Pratt (CIN) 14.90pts – 5 tackles, 1 INT, 1 PD
- DB DaRon Bland (DAL) 33.75pts – 7 tackles, 2 PD, 1 INT, 1 TD
- DB Kyle Hamilton (BAL) 22.25pts – 10 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD
Week 8 Sits
- DL Andrew Van Ginkel MIA 2.75pts – 1 tackle, 1 QB Hit
- LB Nicolas Morrow (PHI) 0.00pts – played 38% of snaps
- DB Josh Metellus (MIN) 22.05pts – 8 tackles, 1 INT, 1 PD
Quite possibly the best ‘Play’ list in seven years of writing this column, an absolute smash! 125.40 points from 6 IDPs, that is 20.9 points per player… imagine if your entire team did that. One miss on Metelllus but all in all one of the best weeks for IDP at King Fantasy Sports.
Justin Madubuike (BAL) v SEA
This man has been on a tear in his fourth year, already surpassing his career-high sacks. He has 6.5 on the year, and 26 tackles too. The former, Texas A&M Aggie has 0.5 sack or more in five straight games! His ceiling is stack-dependent but with the Seattle Seahawks traveling across the country and playing at 10:00 AM PT, J. Madubuike has an opportunity to keep the streak going.
Jonathan Greenard (HOU) v TB
Greenard is coming off a wonderful game against the Panthers, despite the loss. He leads the Texans in sacks, and has 0.5 sacks or more in three of his last four games. This week he plays against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who have given up 3 sacks in back-to-back games.
Montez Sweat (CHI) @NO
Sweat was the week’s big news, as he was traded to the Chicago Bears. He shold have a good opportunity in front of him, but he will need more than four days to learn the communication and rhythm of his new coaches and teammates. Pine him this week.
Image Credit: Joe Camporeale – USA TODAY Sports
IDP Start ‘Em Sit ‘Em Week 10 2022