Divisional weekend is here and another 2023 DraftKings showdown slate this time Kansas City @Buffalo. This game has a lot of recent rivalry, with both teams looking to flex their muscles as the best team in the AFC. The weather, again, is going to be a consideration here. But both teams are used to playing in the cold, so we should still see a good contest. The O/U is around 45, with the Bills favored by a FG.
DraftKings Divisional Showdown 2023 – Kansas City @Buffalo Captain Picks
Josh Allen ($18,300 Capt/ $12,200 Flex)
Allen is always a CPT consideration. Absolute fantasy monster regardless of the game script with his dual-threat and usage in the red zone. Has a safe floor even in games where he turns the ball over multiple times and his ceiling is multi-TD scoring on the ground and through the air. Should be the highest
Isiah Pacheco ($15,600 Capt/ $10,400 Flex)
Pacheco runs hard at defenders and with the conditions, I could see the Chiefs handing it off more than normal. I think I would have him as a flex more often than CPT but I don’t mind the play at all either volume he should get in the offense.
Rashee Rice ($14,400 Capt/ $9,600 Flex)
Rice has been the most consistent receiver for the Chiefs (non-Kelce). He has had some ceiling games recently so having him as a CPT means you are hoping for more of the same. That could be hard given he is the only player the Bills secondary needs to pacify.
Stefon Diggs ($13,200 Capt/ $8,800 Flex)
Diggs feels like he is due now. Getting a huge target share and playing at home this feels like it could be the game he showcases his talent. At the price he is a great CPT choice that gives you room to fit in studs.
Travis Kelce ($11,700 Capt/ $7,800 Flex)
Kielce as a CPT play for less than $12k!? He is Mahomes first read in the offense and is still an elite player. Has a great floor in this offense and we’ve seen games where he has scored multiple TDs. At the price, you get a lot of room for your flex. Fantastic (almost lock) flex play otherwise.
DraftKings Divisional Showdown 2023 – Kansas City @Buffalo Flex Picks
Patrick Mahomes ($10,600 Flex)
Really tempted with Mahomes as a CPT play but he misses out here. The issue is his receivers haven’t been performing consistently which lowers his ceiling. Not sure I can see him finishing as the highest scorer on the slate (falls behind Allen). And with how the Chiefs bottleneck their offense, he might not even end up the highest-scoring Chief.
James Cook ($8,200 Flex)
Cook has no issue with the volume of touches. Going him you get as safe of a floor as you could hope for. The issue is that he can’t find the end zone with how he is vultured by Allen or one of the other RBs on the depth chart. Could struggle to hit value as a result if he doesn’t score.
Dalton Kincaid ($6,400 Flex)
Kincaid is a lock as a flex option. Without the Bills normal WR2 he should see a huge bump in targets. The Chiefs have given up some plays to the position this season too. Not quite CPT material, but a great stacking option with Allen. At this price I don’t think he would even need to find the endzone to try and hit value.
Khalil Shakir ($5,400 Flex)
Nice flex play with Davis ruled out as the WR2. With how the offense works, he is probably the 4th read in the passing game though. Had a similar opportunity last week and didn’t do anything with it until a TD saved his fantasy performance.
Justin Watson ($4,400 Flex)
Watson is the WR2 currently for the team and getting a large amount of snaps. Great upside with his deep-threat, but no floor here to rely on. Probably should be a dart throw, but for some reason his snap count makes me feel like he is slightly more reliable than that.
Dawson Knox ($3,400 Flex)
Knox caught a TD last week, and is an established redzone weapon for Allen and the Bills. There is no way (realistically) that he gets more targets than Kincaid in the offense. But, with Knox’s pricing, he can still get there. With Davis ruled out I think you see Knox on the field a fair amount with 2-TE sets.
Dart Throw Plays (Various)
Instead of writing up a line for a few options with their own sections, thought I’d list out a few in one area. Not really worth considering these as core plays, only in multi-entry GPPs:
- Latavius Murray/ Ty Johnson (RB, BUF) $2,800/ $2,400 Flex – Murray is priced above Johnson, but think he is limited to being the RB3 for the Bills (and goal-line vulture to Cook). Not really interested in him at this price. Johnson is likely the RB2 and should see a few carries here. If Cook were to go down, then he would smash value at this price.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (RB, KC) $2,600 Flex – CEH had a few carries last week and should get some work here as the relief back for Pacheco. If CEH gets a few passes he could hit value nicely here.
- Deonte Harty (WR, BUF) $2,200 Flex – Harty feels like he might be a sneaky value, but think he is a bit of a trap even with Davis ruled out here.
- Noah Gray (TE, KC) $2,000 Flex – Gray is getting on the field, and has shown he can be dangerous near the goal-line but he is FAR more likely to dud than anything else.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling/ Mecole Hardman/ Richie James (WR, KC) $1,800/ $1,200/ $600 Flex – If the Chiefs are going to get a result here they are going to need one of these receivers to catch the ball and perform. MVS is on the field the most, and can get free deep downfield. Hardman has done nothing since coming back and doesn’t look like the same speedster he was previously. James is probably my favorite here just because he doesn’t need to do much at all to hit value. But don’t feel great about going heavy on any of these guys.
- Trent Sherfield (WR, BUF) $400 Flex – Sherfield might be my favorite punt here. Was given the WR3 role last week, but didn’t manage to get involved in the offense. In a high-scoring game the Bills are going to be passing in, you could do worse than him at this price.
DraftKings Divisional Showdown 2023 – Kansas City @Buffalo Kickers and DSTs
The kickers here could be important to both teams’ real-life outlook. Tyler Bass ($5,000) struggled a little last week for accuracy, but generally, he is a reliable kicker for the team. Has hit 24 of his 29 attempts this season, with a long of 54. In this game though I prefer Harrison Butker ($4,800) who has been great all season for the Chiefs. Hit 33 of his 35 attempts and a long of 60 yards. With the struggles that the Chiefs have had on offense, he should see plenty of action here and should be able to hit double-digit points relatively easily.
The Bills DST ($4,000) playing at home in these conditions is an interesting selection. Mahomes has shown that he isn’t the same player he was in previous seasons, and this secondary has been able to convert INTs to TDs. If they can bring the pressure too, they are an interesting GPP selection here. The Chiefs DST ($3,800) are in a solid spot here, if they can make Allen feel pressure. Allen has shown he can struggle with turnovers, and the Chiefs have playmakers that can make big-plays if given the opportunity.
So, there are our DraftKings selections for the Divisional Showdown 2023 – Kansas City @Buffalo! Remember any DFS questions, you can check out our articles here. Or you can find us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
Image Credit: Rich Barnes – USA TODAY Sports