Another 2023 DraftKings showdown slate this time New England @Denver. The O/U is around 37, with Denver around a TD favorite here.
DraftKings SNF Showdown 2023 – New England @Denver Captain Picks
Courtland Sutton ($16,500 Capt/ $11,000 Flex)
There aren’t many bright spots in this offense. But Sutton is one of them. Has 10 TDs on the season in an offense that only has 24 TDs through the air for the season. Wilson has the most trust in him on key passing downs. In a game like this, Sutton has a great opportunity to be the highest scorer on the slate.
Ezekiel Elliott ($15,300 Capt/ $10,200 Flex)
Elliott is struggling for efficiency as the starter here, but this Patriots offense overall is just underpowered. Has involvement in the passing game gives him appeal here too. With the way the Broncos have struggled all season with defending the RB position, Elliott has decent value here as a CPT. If not, fantastic flex play.
Jerry Jeudy ($12,000 Capt/ $8,000 Flex)
Think it’s fair to say that overall Jeudy hasn’t had the season many hoped for. But, he seems to be getting more opportunities in the offense at this point of the season. Had 7 targets last week, and a season-high 74 yards through the air. I prefer Sutton as a CPT play, but I can’t ignore Jeudy in this matchup as a sneaky play. The saving helps you out with flex options too.
DraftKings SNF Showdown 2023 – New England @Denver Flex Picks
Russell Wilson ($11,400 Flex)
Wilson just misses out as a CPT play for me on the slate. Has been decent this season, running the ball as well as getting the ball moving through the air. Hasn’t had a massive game, but seems to be doing enough to hit value more often than not. Nice stack with Sutton/ Jeudy.
Javonte Williams ($9,400 Flex)
Williams seems to have lost his stranglehold on this backfield. He will get touches, but they are mainly going to be carries rather than receptions- which makes him a little TD dependent. The price point puts me off a bit here, but I’ll mix in some plays of him here.
Bailey Zappe ($8,800 Flex)
Zappe is the ‘leader’ of this ‘offense’. Managed to pop against the Steelers with a 3 TD game. But generally, he has been throwing for minimal yardage totals and turning the ball over through the air. A road game against Denver I don’t think is the one you want to target for him.
Demario Douglas ($6,800 Flex)
Douglas returned last week after missing time with injury. Didn’t perform to the level he can, but his 3 receptions for 33 yards were a positive first step. If he can find space, and Zappe can get him the ball, he has some appeal here with DK’s PPR scoring.
DeVante Parker ($5,000 Flex)
Parker surely has to score at some point this season doesn’t he? Getting involved in the offense, but with the struggles this team has had moving the ball, not having the opportunity for the big-plays that he is capable of. The price point is very nice here though.
Dart Throw Plays (Various)
Instead of writing up a line for a few options with their own sections, thought I’d list out a few in one area. Not really worth considering these as core plays, only in multi-entry GPPs:
- Samaje Perine/ Jaleel McLaughlin (RB, DEN) $3,600/ $1,800 Flex – Perine is the RB2 for the Broncos, but really sharing that role with McLaughlin. Perine isn’t seeing the involvement in the passing game that he used to though. Perine needs to find the endzone here to hit anything close to value. Instead, I’d opt for McLaughlin. Half the price, and getting involvement in the passing game. There isn’t much of a floor with him, but there isn’t a huge difference between him or Perine here.
- Kevin Harris (RB, NE) $3,000 Flex – Harris is the official RB2 for the Patriots. With Stevenson ruled out again, he could get some touches. But they are limited. Meaning you need him to find the endzone for him to have any chance of hitting value here.
- Marvin Mims (WR, DEN) $2,800 Flex – Mims is a livewire in the offense. Not really getting the opportunity on the field, but he has the speed to make any reception a TD. A true punt on the slate.
- Adam Trautman/ Lucas Krull (TE, DEN) $2,600/ $800 Flex – The TE position really isn’t getting too much of an opportunity in this Broncos offense. Both of them are only getting a few targets each game. You really need either one to get a TD here to hit value here. I’d go for Krull over Trautman, as it feels like he has the momentum.
- Lil’Jordan Humphrey (WR, DEN) $2,400 Flex – Humphrey is battling for the WR3 role in the offense with Mims. Last week he was on the field more often and managed to score a TD. Nice price on the slate against this secondary.
- Mike Gesicki (TE, NE) $1,600 Flex – Gesicki is the starting TE for the team, with Henry ruled out with a knee injury. Henry leads the team in targets, so if Gesicki is given the same role, he would be a great play here.
My favored punts are McLaughlin and Gesicki. Both are sub $2k, and should be inline for a decent number of targets in this one.
DraftKings SNF Showdown 2023 – New England @Denver Kickers and DSTs
The kickers hold some value, but not the same as they do on other slates. Wil Lutz ($5,200) has been a decent kicker for the team, able to convert when called upon- only missing two of his 29 FG attempts this season. Playing in the thin air at home, he has a decent chance to hit value here. Chad Ryland ($4,800) has struggled for accurary, as this offense has. Missed 7 of his 20 FG attempts this season. If the Patriots struggle to keep pace, he could see the team move to forcing the action instead of allowing him to kick the ball.
The Denver DST ($5,400) have been able to put a few effective games together, and with this poor Patriots offense, are going to be a popular play. I’ll take some shots, including some at CPT, but Zappe is able to find the version he was against the Steelers, they could struggle. The Patriots DST ($4,000) don’t really hold much appeal for me. They are being asked to do too much with the offense struggling so much. On the road, this is a tough ask to hit value at the price.
So, there are our DraftKings selections for the 2023 Showdown of New England @Denver! Remember any DFS questions, you can check out our articles here. Or you can find us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
Image Credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck – USA TODAY Sports