Another 2023 DraftKings showdown slate this time New York @Las Vegas. Seems like the schedule for the week wants to be bookended by two underwhelming games. This game feels like a RB and DST game in lineup builds. O/U here is 36, with the Jets a slight favorite (less than a FG)
DraftKings SNF Showdown 2023 – New York @Las Vegas Captain Picks
Breece Hall ($17,100 Capt/ $11,400 Flex)
Hall is elite, and is getting double-digit carries in the majority of his games. The Raiders have struggled to limit production on the ground too, with an average of 26.5 DKPts to the position. Cook is really not seeing much work in this offense at all, so that should really all be Hall’s production. In a low-scoring game, both RBs could end up as the highest scorers on the slate.
Josh Jacobs ($16,500 Capt/ $11,000 Flex)
Jacobs just dominates touches in this offense. For the Raiders to get a result here, they need to be able to control the clock and get Jacobs running down the clock. Should be inline for 20ish touches, with a few targets thrown in. In a low-scoring game, Jacobs has a great chance to be the highest scorer on the slate.
Garrett Wilson ($14,400 Capt/ $9,600 Flex)
Wilson is a target hog in this offense. Even if those targets aren’t of particular high quality, he is getting double-digits. The Raiders have been a tough defense to pass against. Only giving up an average of 30.1 DKPts to the position, so feels like he is more of a floor play here- especially with the lack of scoring in this offense. But, if a receiver is going to hit value at their price tag, Wilson has a great chance.
DraftKings SNF Showdown 2023 – New York @Las Vegas Flex Picks
Davante Adams ($11,600 Flex)
Adams is a supreme talent, but really hasn’t been able to show that on the field this season. In the last 5 games, he has only gone over 50 yards once, with an average of 35.2 receiving yards in that timeframe. This price tag really feels like he is going to struggle to hit value in a low-scoring game.
Jakobi Meyers ($9,200 Flex)
Meyers has been getting a decent target share all season, and somehow managed to get into the endzone on a rushing play last week. Prefer him to Adams with the difference in pricing, with the expected volume he should get. But there really isn’t much upside here.
Zach Wilson ($8,600 Flex)
Feel it really says alot about this game that both of the QBs are priced down in this one. Isn’t throwing TDs, but then he isn’t really throwing INTs too. He could hit value if the Jets try to keep the Raiders honest and throw the ball. But I wouldn’t expect too much here. Don’t really need to stack him with Garrett Wilson.
Aidan O’Connell ($8,400 Flex)
O’Connell is the starter for the Raiders, and looked ok last week against the Giants, but didn’t need to do all that much. At this price, you don’t need him to throw for multiple scores, probably only needs to throw for 250ish yards and a score to hit. It’s a tough matchup though against this Jets pass-rush and secondary though.
Allen Lazard ($6,600 Flex)
Lazard really just doesn’t suit this offense led by Wilson. Getting some targets, but he isn’t managing to bring them in. With the obvious cap on this offense, and other redzone weapons, he is going to struggle to hit value at this price.
Tyler Conklin ($5,200 Flex)
Conklin has been great this season with Wilson. Second in targets, receptions and receiving yards on the team. Hasn’t yet scored a TD, but his floor is solid with DK’s PPR scoring and has upside with his size near the goal-line. I could even make the argument of having him as a sneaky CPT play. No-brainer flex play for me.
Dart Throw Plays (Various)
Instead of writing up a line for a few options with their own sections, thought I’d list out a few in one area. Not really worth considering these as core plays, only in multi-entry GPPs:
- Dalvin Cook (RB, NYJ) $4,000 Flex – Really not getting much of an opportunity for the team, with only a handful of opportunities each game. With his current workload you need Hall to suffer an injury to have anything close to value.
- Michael Mayer (TE, LV) $3,600 Flex – Starting TE for the Raiders, who has had some flashes on the field, but mainly struggled for production. Would need to find the endzone to hit value here.
- Ameer Abdullah/ Zamir White (RB, LV) $3,000/ $2,000 Flex – Backup RB for the Raiders could have value here with how good the matchup is here. But really you should look elsewhere. It’s really only scraps left after Jacobs has been given his touches.
- Michael Carter (RB, NYJ) $1,800 Flex – Prefer Carter to Cook, but don’t hear what I’m not saying. That’s all because of the difference in price. This is Hall’s backfield. However, we’ve seen Carter get some play in the passing game.
- Hunter Renfrow (WR, LV) $1,000 Flex – Renfrow isn’t really much of this offense now. Getting a handful of snaps each week, and not getting the ball. Could pop if there are injuries, but there are better (cheaper) options with better outlooks.
- Tre Tucker (WR, LV) $800 Flex – One of those plays is Tucker. Seems to be getting the WR3 role in the offense, and has big-play ability with his speed. At the price, really doesn’t need to do that much to hit value.
- Austin Hooper (TE, LV) $600 Flex – Only getting one or two targets a game and not doing much with them. Would need to fall into the endzone to hit value here.
- C.J. Uzomah (TE, NYJ) $400 Flex – TE2 in the offense, but not really getting much work. Last week was the most involvement he has had this season. Catching two of 5 targets. Doesn’t need to do much to hit value
- Xavier Gipson (WR, NYJ) $200 Flex – Had him as a punt play last week, and with another min-price week I’ll go again here. Should be on the field a decent amount, and has kick return duties (I know it isn’t likely to happen- but you never know). At $200 you need next to nothing to hit value for Gipson.
My favorite plays from the above are Tucker and Gipson. Both plays are cheap and are getting opportunities in the offense. With their price tags they allow you to spend up on the elite options on the slate.
DraftKings SNF Showdown 2023 – New York @Las Vegas Kickers and DSTs
Low-scoring game drags the kickers into play here. Daniel Carlson ($5,000) has been decent of late, as the Raiders have managed to get into FG distance, and keep games close. That should be what happens here too. The Jets should force plenty of drives to stall out. Greg Zuerlein ($4,400) has been booming kicks this season, looking comfortable from deep. If Wilson struggles close the goal-line we could see plenty of opportunities for Zuerlein. Has an outside chance of being the highest-scoring Jet on offense here.
The defenses are both viable too. Raiders DST ($4,600) took control last week against the Giants, with Maxx Crosby looking great on pass-rushing. In a low-scoring game, we have seen these DSTs be great. They could dial the pressure up on Wilson in the pocket, which can lead to him turning the ball over a decent amount. The Jets DST ($4,200) are my preferred DST play, and I’ll have a chunk of lineups with them as CPT. They have playmakers all over the field, and O’Connell has been shaky at times. If they manage to return a turnover for a score they will SMASH value here.
So, there are our DraftKings selections for the 2023 Showdown of New York @Las Vegas! Remember any DFS questions, you can check out our articles here. Or you can find us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
Image Credit: Ed Mulholland – USA TODAY Sports