Getting into the business end of the season, RB options become worth their weight in gold, here we look back to review Week 11 and preview Week 12. The weather was cold, the wind was nasty, inaccurate passes and dropped balls were a plenty. The leading point scorer for all RB/WR/TE was a RB, T. Pollard
The top 5 scoring RBs .5 point PPR
1.T. Pollard DAL 40.90 2. S. Perine CIN 28.20 3. D. Henry TEN 26.36 4. N. Harris PIT 25.605. 5. J. Williams DET 24.40
These 5 RBs had at least 2 TDs last week. The touchdown will always carry your team. Henry’s consistency in point production is rewarding those that drafted him in the first round. Perine is on the waivers in most leagues and the other three are roster(ed) in almost all leagues. Pollard was able to produce in a committee with E. Elliott who also scored 2 TDs. Harris produced at the level expected of him.. finally.
The Top 5 predictions for Week 12 are:
1. A. Kamara NO The Saints have a little momentum and will need their best player at his best in order to beat the 49ers. a 2 TD game is within reach.
2. J. Taylor IND The Colts have returned to their identity, running the ball. They were 3 yards away from pulling off a major upset over the Eagles and will need to do so against the Steelers to have a chance to win.
3. K. Walker III SEA After a bye week the Seahaws should have fresh legs. This should benefit Walker as they host the Raiders who played into overtime last week. A 100 yard game with a TD is within reach.
4. E. Elliott DAL Zeke scored 2 TDs with low volume against the Vikings. He is playing against a team that allowed 4 rushing TDs last week. Look for Dallas to make a statement win with Zeek scoring 2 TDs again.
5. A. Ekeler LAC He enjoyed a balanced attack last week earning 100 total yards and 1 touchdown. He has been the most consistent RB this season and with the Chargers playoff hopes in balance, I expect another outstanding performance from the Western Colorado product.
Deep Dives: M. Brieda NYG, J. Robinson NYJ, M. Mack DEN, D. Harris NE
The teams that control the clock with an effective running game are going to be more prominent in the coming weeks. The great teams are able to do this and WR production could take a dip on playoff contention teams, as well as teams that play outside.
Thank you for reading, have a wonderful week.
Image Credit: Tim Heitman – USA TODAY Sports